What is love?
- Acceptance, trust, empathy, respect, to adore, sharing, romance, warm, powerful, responsibility, emotion, care, selfless, desire, rely on someone
- Can be a person or a thing
- Range of different feelings to someone/something → we do not know how to explain it
- Marriage is to force love
Is love universal, essential? Do we all feel love in the same way?
- Yes, love is universal and essential to make the world peaceful
- But it is individual. We all show love and receive love in different ways and feel love differently expressed
What structures, institution, social relations shape love?
- Church → god’s love
- Charitable organisation → help those are in need
- The West and the Rest (defined through otherness)